Your Cart

Subtotal: $ 0.00 USD

Keep Shopping

Controversial Anthem "Pissed Off Rednecks Like Me" Is Going Viral

Jamie jones Songs | Controversial Anthem

Jamie Jones' "Pissed Off Rednecks Like Me" could be one of the most controversial songs recorded this year. A lot of ears have perked, curious about this viral tune that has been traveling through cyberspace, kicking butt and taking names. It's already #40 on the iTunes Country Chart, and that's saying a lot since Jones isn't a household name - at least not yet. 

This song is so controversial, that Jones' record label had to issue a statement. Here's a portion of what Steve Freeman, president of Render Records had to say:

While 99% of the feedback, comments and discussions are positive, I have spent the day on the phone and returning emails with and from the other 1% of the population that finds this song and it's controversial nature and topics very offensive. While I want to go on record as saying that on behalf of myself and my company, we appreciate and respect those views and opinions. That's what is great about our country, the ability and freedom to agree and more importantly disagree with subject matters such as these. I have heard some of the most horrible and degrading things today as people have called and emailed to complain about this songs content. Honestly, the level of hate has astonished me. I can understand not agreeing with the song, not liking the song and even finding it offensive, but to attack someone and say the hurtful things I have heard today, goes against everything this country is supposed to stand for.

Even with some backlash, Jones isn't going to let that bring him down. He announced that it'll be getting radio play starting March 6th.

"Pissed Off Rednecks Like Me" brings up topics like religion, politics, Obamacare, and gun control. Jones' sings, "Hell no, I won't push one for English, I just assume hang up the phone. If you want to serve in the Muslim church, go and take your a** back home." Plus, he adds in his opinion on immigration as well: "They need to lock down all the borders, throw away the key. And let's help our own right here at home, instead of sending it over seas." 

If y'all think Jamie Jones cares what anyone thinks - think again. Here's what he had to say when he first introduced the world to his song: "While Mrs Jones is gone to the gym I thought I'd do a little songwriting...If it offends ya....middle finger!!!!"

This redneck anthem has definitely caused divisions amongst people. So, do y'all agree or is it just way too controversial?

Retweet, Favorite and Follow Us on Twitter

Country Rebel on Spotify

Now On Spotify!


If you enjoyed this video, get email updates (it's free)

Trending Artists

Premium Partners

Country Rebel partner Society of Rock
Country Rebel partner World War Wings
Country Rebel partner Country Music Nation
Country Rebel partner Legend Valley Festivals
Country Rebel partner Stoney's Rockin' Country
Country Rebel partner The Bluestone

Interested in becoming a partner?

Contact us for more info.