Getty Images for ACM
The country music world received a pleasant surprise on Tuesday when the King of Country announced he is releasing a new album.
George Strait‘s last album Love Is Everything was released in 2013. In the same year, Strait went on his The Cowboy Rides Away tour, which he said would be his last tour before going into retirement.
But Strait revealed in an announcement on Tuesday that he is going to start playing a series of shows in 2016 in the new Las Vegas Arena.
As if that wasn’t enough good news, Strait also announced that he is releasing a new album, called Cold Beer Conversation, which is set to come out tomorrow (Sept. 25).
Strait and record producer Chuck Ainley worked together to produce the new album, which will be available in Walmart stores tomorrow. The album will also be available through Apple Music for purchase. Those anxious to buy Strait’s new album can pre-order it on iTunes as well.
The new album features 13 songs, three of which were written by Strait himself. Strait’s son, Bubba, also helped write three of the songs.
Strait’s first single from the album was the beachy sounding tune “Let It Go,” which was released this April. After Strait announced the release of his new album, he released another single, the album’s title track, “Cold Beer Conversation.”
The full track list of Cold Beer Conversation is as follows:
1. “It Was Love” (Keith Gattis)
2. “Cold Beer Conversation” (Al Anderson, Ben Hayslip and Jimmy Yeary)
3. “Let It Go” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Keith Gattis)
4. “Goin’ Goin’ Gone” (Wyatt Earp and Keith Gattis)
5. “Something Going Down” (Jamey Johnson and Tom Shapiro)
6. “Take Me to Texas” (Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally)
7. “It Takes All Kinds” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Bob Regan and Wil Nance)
8. “Stop and Drink” (Dale Dodson and Troy Jones)
9. “Everything I See” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Dean Dillon and Keith Gattis)
10. “Rock Paper Scissors” (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Bubba Strait)
11. “Wish You Well” (Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde and Brice Long)
12. “Cheaper Than a Shrink” (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson)
13. “Even When I Can’t Feel It” (Dean Dillon, Ben Hayslip and Lee Miller)
It’s a good thing Strait’s new album comes out tomorrow, because it would be hard to wait much longer!
While you’re waiting to get your copy of Cold Beer Conversation, enjoy listening to the first two singles from the album, “Cold Beer Conversation” and “Let It Go” below.
Interested in becoming a partner?
Contact us for more info.