Photo credit: Tim Mosenfelder/Getty Images | Getty Images/Getty Images | Kevin Winter/Getty Images
While Labor Day in the modern world means huge sales at your favorite stores, barbecues, and the end of summer, it really is all about celebrating the American Labor Movement.
Back in the 19th century, the trade union and labor movements were growing, so they proposed that a day be dedicated to celebrating labor. It was then that Labor Day was born and we have been having the day off work ever since!
We all know some extremely hardworking individuals, and what better way to celebrate them than with some of the best country songs about the working class!
We picked out 7 of our favorite songs about the hard-at-work Americans. Enjoy them below.
1. "Coal Miner's Daughter" - Loretta Lynn
2. "Forty Hour Week (For A Livin')" - Alabama
3. "Workin' Man Blues" - Merle Haggard
4. "9 to 5" - Dolly Parton
5. "Six Days On The Road" - Dave Dudley
6. "Workin' Man's Ph.D" - Aaron Tippin
7. "Hard Workin' Man" - Brooks & Dunn
If you could add any other country songs to this list, which would they be? Let us know in the comments section!