Country Singer Easton Corbin Mourns Stepdad’s Death, Cancels Concerts To Be With Family

Share This Article

Country singer Easton Corbin shared some heartbreaking news with his fans on August 28. His stepdad passed away earlier that week, and Easton canceled some shows to be with his family. (Photo Credit: Mindy Small / FilmMagic / Getty Images)

“Heartbroken” Easton Corbin Shares News Of His Stepdad’s Passing

Easton Corbin broke the news to his fans on Thursday (August 28) that his stepdad had died a few days prior. He wrote:

“I am heartbroken to share that my stepdad passed away earlier this week. He was an important part of my life, and I need to take a few days to be with my family as we lay him to rest.”

The “A Little More Country Than That” singer said he needed to cancel his shows on August 29 and 30 to mourn his stepdad’s death and grieve with his family.

“I know I’ve had to cancel several shows recently, and I want to be transparent that this has been an incredibly tough season personally and professionally,” Corbin wrote about the cancellations. “I don’t take lightly the impact this has on my fans, my team, and the venues, and I truly appreciate your patience and understanding.”

The August 29 show was supposed to occur at the Crystal Grand Music Theatre in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. His August 30 show was scheduled at the Fortress Obetz in Obetz, Ohio.

In a Facebook statement, Fortress Obetz said they send their “deepest condolences” to Corbin and his family. Additionally, they announced they found “a surprise special guest” to take Corbin’s place in their “Stars & Guitars lineup” during their Zucchini Fest.

In conclusion, Corbin closed out his message by thanking his followers for their support. “I look forward to getting back on the road and seeing you soon,” he said.

Read Corbin’s emotional statement in the post below.

Corbin Recently Canceled A Series Of Shows After Being Placed On Vocal Rest

As Corbin mentioned in his post about his stepdad’s death, he recently had to cancel a series of shows.

On July 24, Corbin announced his doctor advised him to go on vocal rest. As a result, he canceled all of his shows through August 9.

“This definitely wasn’t an easy decision,” Corbin said. “I hate to disappoint anyone who was planning to come out, and I truly appreciate all the support you continue to show me and the band. Taking care of my voice is the best way I can make sure we keep doing this for the long haul.”

Corbin said he and his team hoped to reschedule as many of those shows as possible.

Now, Corbin needs to take just a little more time off to be with his family in the wake of his stepdad’s death. Our hearts and prayers go out to all of them as they mourn their devastating loss…

Share This Article

Save this article!
Get this sent to your inbox, plus get new articles & videos from us every week!

About the Author

Miranda Raye

Hello, I'm Miranda, a lifelong country music fan! There are old home videos of me in my baby swing, swinging along to Dolly Parton and Ricky Van Shelton’s “Rockin’ Years.” Being able to unite my passions for storytelling, researching, and music into my work has been a dream come true.

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.