Facebook / Annette Alaniz Guajardo
Annette Alaniz Guajardo was leaving to go to work one Wednesday morning when she spotted something like out of a horror movie. A bat caught in a spider web and a spider almost as big as the bat eating it!
“On my way to work yesterday morning I saw this on the side of our house. Came home from work that day and the bad [sic] was dead.”
This happened in Poteet, Texas and apparently the bat was flying around at night when it flew into the spider’s web in which it couldn’t get out of. The bat was fairly small so we can only imagine it couldn’t free itself before the spider got to it.
Annette said it was alive when she first saw it in the morning but after she returned home in the evening it wasn’t moving. Assuming that it either died from the heat and not being able to free itself all day or the spider’s venomous bite was what killed it.
Annette’s friend on Facebook commented on her post saying, “So these are the kind of things you see happen in Brazil, Thailand, or some kind of foreign jungle place like that, but this was outside of Annette Alaniz Guajardo house in POTEET TEXAS,”
Once it stopped moving the spider went to town on it, eating it for dinner. This type of spider is an Argiope Aurantia spider which isn’t a threat to humans but are definitely venomous to insects and smaller animals, such as frogs and bats.
It actually wasn’t that long ago a woman was in a similar position and posted pictures to Facebook of a spider eating a possum. Her husband was checking on their lodge in Bethlehem, New Hampshire when he spotted the terrifying scene and the pictures went viral.
Receive daily updates with the best country music videos, news, and more!