Deer Vs. Power Line: What Happens When You Touch A Hot Wire

truebuckhunters / Facebook

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you touched a live power line?

On Facebook, The Sportsman Channel shared a photo of an unlucky buck struck by a hot power line. According to the TV network, the line fell on the deer while the animal was resting in its bed. Unfortunately, for the buck, he was instantly electrocuted.

“Ever wonder what a HOT powerline will do? This poor buck found out when a line came down on him in his bed,” they wrote in the caption.

In the photo, the black char covered much of the deer’s side. The electricity was so powerful that the line fried through the buck’s body and cut into the rib cage. Blackened bones peek out of the area of impact.

See the network’s full post below. 

While it seems rare that a power line would fall on an animal, followers of the post quickly shared their own collection of electrocuted wildlife. One person even shared that they found three electrocuted deer in the same area.

Ultimately, if you see a potential live wire on the ground, it is best to leave it alone!

To watch what happens when a bear encounters an electrically charged deer, check out the following video.

Want to save this article?

Get this sent to your inbox, plus, get new articles & videos from us every week!

Sponsors / Partners

Interested in becoming a partner?

Contact us for more info

Unapologetically Country

Receive daily updates with the best country music videos, news, and more!