Colt Ford Speaks Out For First Time Since Heart Attack, Reveals He Died Twice

Colt Ford / Facebook

Colt Ford has recently spoken publicly for the first time since he suffered a near-fatal heart attack on April 4, 2024.

In his first interview post-heart attack, Ford spoke to the Big D & Bubba radio show from his hospital bed, where he revealed the details of the night he was rushed to the hospital after his heart attack.

What happened to Colt Ford?

Colt Ford, whose real name is Jason Farris Brown, had just finished a sold-out performance in Gilbert, Arizona when he suffered a heart attack on his tour bus. The singer was then admitted to the Intensive Care Unit at the Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa, Arizona.

He boarded his bus and texted his fiancée, “Hi, baby,” before collapsing to the floor.

He recalls falling over and losing consciousness until waking up in a hospital bed surrounded by his family.

Brantley Gilbert, his close friend, also accompanied him and had ensured that he was promptly taken to the hospital.

Upon reaching the hospital, the necessary resources for Ford’s survival were reportedly not readily available. According to Ford, Gilbert informed the doctors, “I don’t care what you got to do, get him to the other hospital ASAP.”

Ford is known for co-writing the major country hit “Dirt Road Anthem” with Brantley Gilbert.

NASHVILLE, TN - OCTOBER 09: Recording Artists Colt Ford and Brantley Gilbert perform on stage during the Tootsie's 59th Annual Birthday Bash at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge on October 9, 2019 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Colt Ford and Brantley Gilbert perform on stage in Nashville, Tennessee. Photo: Jason Davis / Getty Images

Colt Ford opens up for the first time about his “traumatic experience.”

In his recent interview with Big D & Bubba, Ford revealed that he didn’t even remember traveling to Arizona for the show in the first place.

“It’s been just a traumatic, crazy experience, guys. I didn’t even remember coming out here to do a show in Phoenix, and apparently, we played this great, sold-out show.”

Continuing on, Ford revealed some shocking news:

“I died two times.”

Ford explained that he flatlined multiple times, being clinically dead on his tour bus before being revived by emergency personnel. He also revealed that he died again on the way to the hospital and had to be revived for a second time during the transport.

“I had so much trauma in my body and my heart, I had to have three stents put in,” Ford shared.

Despite the harrowing experience, Ford expressed gratitude for being brought back, stating:

“The Lord had more for me to do. I have more music to make and hopefully some more differences to make in people’s lives.”

As for his future plans, Ford mentioned that he was making a new album and intends to finish it as soon as he feels better.

Additionally, he has canceled all his tour dates through August to focus on recuperating from his heart attack.

On April 15, Ford’s team released a press release revealing the news.

“Due to current circumstances, Ford’s scheduled tour dates through August 30th have been canceled. Refunds are available at the point of purchase for any canceled dates. Previously purchased tickets will be honored for any rescheduled dates.”

The 54-year-old musician is still in the intensive care unit but is steadily improving. His family has requested privacy and appreciates continued thoughts and prayers for his recovery.

RELATED: Colt Ford’s Team Shares Update On His Condition After Heart Attack

Listen to Colt Ford’s full interview with Big D & Bubba below.

Want to save this article?

Get this sent to your inbox, plus, get new articles & videos from us every week!

Sponsors / Partners

Interested in becoming a partner?

Contact us for more info

Unapologetically Country

Receive daily updates with the best country music videos, news, and more!