Youtube / Nisco Guzman
Nothing can compare to the love between an owner and his best furry friend. From reunions after a long work day to spending weekends at the park, a very dependent relationship is formed. It’s not unusual to hear about dogs saving their owners lives when tragedy strikes but one San Diego man had roles reversed.
An unexpected fire came roaring through Jose Guzman’s home in Pala, San Diego this past week. While the family evacuated the home, one member was still stuck inside. As the firefighters approached the house and began taking on the flames, Guzman made a quick decision. Guzman ran past the firefighters and into the blazing fire in a panic to get his dog, Gabbana.
With heavy smoke rising and flames reaching the front street, he found his beloved buddy still on her leash in the only room that had not been burned yet – the bathroom.
As bystanders anxiously waited, just a few moments later, Guzman and Gabbana emerged from the flames. As the pup and his owner make it to a safe part of the driveway, Guzman realizes that he had been burned on his face and arms. His two-year-old dog was burned on her nose and paws as well.
As the Guzmans watched their beloved home go up in flames, they had grateful hearts to all be safe and alive. The family lost almost everything they own in the blaze.
When Guzman was asked what Gabbana means to him, he choked up explaining,
“She’s been with us forever. She’s part of the family. We love her.”
As the family begins to rebuild their lives, a GoFundMe has been created to aid their recovery. You can donate here.
Interested in becoming a partner?
Contact us for more info.